Ten things to do in Bristol this weekend - June 23-24
If you are at a loose end this weekend and on the look out for something to do, have a glance at our ten things to do this weekend in Bristol.
1. Check out Rory Bremner and friends on Sunday evening at Colston Hall in Stand Up For Slapstick. The event will be raising money for Bristol's Slapstick Festival. Tickets available via www.colstonhall.org.
2. On Saturday afternoon and evening there will be workshops and performances encouraging the celebration of female artists - all under the banner of Acoustic Ladyfest . The event will run from 2-11pm at Halo in Gloucester Road. Tickets available on the door.
3. Clifton WI is holding its annual Garden Party on Saturday, at the Alma Church, Alma Road in Clifton. Starting at 2pm there will be craft stalls, afternoon tea, live music, a raffle and a plant stall and book stall.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
4. Also on Saturday Bristol Harlequins Rugby Club in Brislington host their second annual cider festival and family fun day from 1pm. Tickets are £5 per person and kids go free.
5. Meanwhile at Westbury-on-Trym Methodist Church there will be child-friendly stalls at Little Pickles Markets from 10.30am-12pm.
6. At Blaise Castle Estate on Saturday from 2-4pm you can try out "tree gazing" - stopping, looking and learning about local trees. This event is run by local expert, Tony Titchen.
7. Bristol motor club will be holding a family sports car day at Castle Combe Circuit on Sunday, celebrating 50 years of the AC Cobra, the Lotus Elan, the MK1 Cortina and the Triumph Spitfire. Bring your sports car and drive the family around the circuit or bring your bikes and cycle round with them.
Entry to the event for visitors and spectators is free.
8. Pub of the week to give a go:The Grain Barge in Hotwells Road.
9. Curry house of the week to try this weekend:Spice Inn, Long Ashton.
10. Recipe of the week to give a try if you fancy eating in:Maitreya Social in Easton's recipe for an early summer crispy warm salad with plum anise dressing and toasted halloumi cheese.