Fire at primary school after cooker was left on
A FIRE started in a primary school after a cooker was left on.
Avon Fire and Rescue crews from Patchway, Southmead and Speedwell were called to St Mary's Catholic School on Webbs Wood Road, Bradley Stoke, at 4pm yesterday.
Pupils had gone home for the day but staff noticed smoke coming from a small kitchen in a ground-floor annexe.
Fire and rescue service spokesman James Bladon said firefighters tackled put it out and found the hob had been left on, with "items" on top. The cooker and a nearby wall were damaged.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
A message on the school's website said that St Mary's was due to open as normal this morning.