A boating holiday - the Victoria Sponge of holidays
Simple, unpretentious and oh so good!
Sometimes it is simple pleasures that make a holiday really special. When we take the time to slow down, read a book in the dappled sunlight, cycle along a country lane or dine al fresco with good friends – only then do we appreciate the things that make life great.
Rediscover those simple pleasures on a boating holiday with Le Boat. The recipe is really easy…
- One boat full of features and creature comforts
(Le Boat can provide that for you with a fleet of over 50 boat-types to suit any party size and budget)
- A river or canal in a destination of your choice
(With Le Boat you can holiday on the Thames, Norfolk Broads, Scotland, Ireland, France, Germany, Belgium, Holland and Italy)
- Pretty villages and fascinating towns
- A good book
- Fine restaurants and friendly cafés
- Bike hire
- A starry night
1. Fill the boat with your family and friends and, once settled, cruise along your chosen waterway at your own leisurely pace. Pass pretty villages and towns, stopping occasionally to explore and soak up local culture and history.
2. Take the helm and be captain for a while (No experience necessary. You'll have a full briefing and, if you’re new to boating, a practice before you set off).
3. While cruising, enjoy your book on the sundeck while someone else takes the helm, pausing occasionally to admire the amazing views.
4. Add a liberal helping of café stops and dine out some evenings in local restaurants.
5. Awake each morning listening to ducks and the tranquil sounds of the river coming to life. Drink coffee on the sundeck and enjoy the rising sun as it warms the day.
6. Before breakfast, take a stroll to a local village or town and buy fresh bread and pastries.
7. When the mixture becomes restless, unload the bikes and cycle along flat tow paths and country lanes.
8. Combine with a liberating feeling of freedom. This recipe contains no timetables, schedules or itineraries and is 100% stress free.
9. Finally, cover with a warm starry evening, chatting to family and friends with a beverage and go to bed feeling relaxed and contented.
If all this sounds tempting, then why not make your own. Start by booking your river cruiser with Le Boat