Smoke alarm saves Yate resident from kitchen fire
A MAN in his 50s had to climb out of a window to escape a fire after he was woken up by smoke alarms.
A small kitchen fire broke out at the bungalow in Kenilworth, Yate, at about 3am today.
The smoke alarms went off and, with the help of a neighbour, the man got out before firefighters arrived.
Avon Fire and Rescue service put out the flames and treated the man for smoke inhalation.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
About a year ago, firefighters had done a fire safety check at the property and installed the alarms.
Fire and rescue service spokesman Darren Bane said: "This story emphasises, beyond any doubt, the importance of having smoke alarms in your property and ensuring they are properly maintained."
To find out if you are eligible for a free home fire safety check, call 01179 262061 or visit www.avonfire.gov.uk.