Firefighters tackle Saltford pub blaze
FIREFIGHTERS tackled a blaze at a pub in Saltford.
Crews were called to the premises in Mead Lane to put out the fire in a chimney at 5.50pm on Thursday.
The blaze, in the chimney above an open fire in the bar area, was extinguished by 8pm.
James Bladon, spokesman for Avon Fire and Rescue Service, said the cause of the fire was accidental.
He said the service had been called out to tackle several chimney fires this week.
Mr Bladon said: "If people are using open fires, they should ensure the chimney has been maintained properly and been cleaned. Any soot or build up has the potential to cause a fire."