Firefighters spent 90 minutes tackling flat blaze in Montpelier
Fire crews spent 90 minutes tackling a fire in a Montpelier flat.
Four fire crews were called to the three-storey building in Cheltenham Road after the blaze in a flat on the second floor of the building shortly before 10.30pm yesterday.
Tenants were alerted to the fire by the smell of smoke and the sound of a fire alarm. They were unharmed but shaken by events and were shocked by the speed with which the flat was engulfed in smoke.
Avon Fire and Rescue Service said the fire started accidentally, and it is understood it could be due to a fault on the fuse board.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
Due to the nature of the fire the building roof was also affected. A thermal imaging camera and hydraulic platform were used to investigate the extent of the damage.
Passersby on the Cheltenham road offered the tenants condolences, cups of tea and beds for the night.