Early morning fire at a block of flats on Somerset Street, Redcliffe
A MIDDLE-aged couple were taken to hospital suffering smoke inhalation after a fire in their Redcliffe flat.
Avon Fire and Rescue service were called at 12.55am this morning to a 13-storey block on Somerset Street.
A fire had started in a first-floor kitchen, believed to have been accidentally cause by cooking.
The 60-year-old man and 52-year-old woman who lived there tried to extinguish it before firefighters arrived.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
Crews from Temple and Bedminster stations put out the fire, ventilated the flat and other parts of the first floor that had been smoke-logged.
The couple were taken to hospital as a precaution and no-one else had to be evacuated from the block.