Fire in Bristol flat after man falls asleep while cooking
Firefighters rescued a man from a burning Bristol flat after he fell asleep while cooking.
Three crews raced to the four-storey block of flats in Lower Lamb Street near City Hall at about 10pm on Saturday night.
They were responding to reports that a person was trapped inside one of the ground floor flats.
Firefighters using breathing apparatus broke into the flat and led the man to safety. He was not hurt.
Lloydbottoms TaxApp – tax rates, tips and calculators at your...View details
Our App will provide you with useful tax tools and information via your mobile device (iOS and Android)
featuring Tax tips, Tax calculators, Tax rates tables, Hot topics and more
Contact: 0117 244 3590
Valid until: Saturday, April 05 2014
A fire spokesman said the man had fallen asleep in another room when his food had overcooked.
The flat suffered smoke damage.
The spokesman warned people not to leave cooking unattended because of the danger of fire.
* Two crews from Speedwell were called to a fire in a house in George Street, Redfield, but it had been put out on arrival.
* Firefighters dealt with a fire at a shed in Maesbury, Kingswood, which had been started deliberately.
* Two crews from Yate put out a fire at Doddmore Farm, Westerleigh after 25 tonnes of logs were deliberately torched.
The farmer assisted the firefighters by using a digger to separate the logs.