Bristol golfer Chris Wood's maiden European Tour victory in Qatar means . . .
• His first European Tour International Schedule victory in his 116th European Tour event.
• Moves to fourth in The Race to Dubai with €314,598.
• Gains a two year European Tour exemption until the end of 2015.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Wednesday, May 22 2013
• Gains a place in the 2013 WGC – Bridgestone Invitational, 2013 WGC – HSBC Champions and 2014 Volvo Golf Champions.
• Gains his largest European Tour prize of €310,917.
• Gains his second victory as a professional.
• Moves into the top 60 in the Official World Golf Ranking, from 142nd.
• His victory beats his previous best European Tour performances of second in the 2011 Iberdrola Open and the 2012 Sicilian Open. He was also tied second in the 2011 Africa Open.
• Becomes the second first-time winner of the 2013 season, following Scott Jamieson (Nelson Mandela Championship presented by ISPS Handa).
• Victory comes in his fourth appearance in the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters.
• This victory beats his previous best performance in the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters of tied 14th in 2010.
• Is the third time he has led going into the final round of a European Tour event, but is the first time he has won. The first two were the 2010 BMW PGA Championship and 2011 Iberdrola Open. He eventually finished tied sixth in the BMW PGA Championship and second in the Iberdrola Open.
• The first Englishman to win the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters.
• England becomes the ninth different country to win the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters.
• Before this victory he had amassed a total of 19 top ten finishes on The European Tour since 2008.
• Joins Andrew Coltart (1998) and Rolf Muntz (2000) as players making the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters their first European Tour victory.
• Is the first player to win a tournament with an eagle three since Matteo Manassero beat Louis Oosthuizen in a play-off at the 2012 Barclays Singapore Open.
• Is the first player to win with an eagle three on the final hole of regulation play since Peter Hanson at the 2012 KLM Open.
• Is the second player to win the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters having made an eagle three on the final hole of regulation play, following Retief Goosen in 2007.
• The 278th English victory in European Tour history.
• The 87th different English player to win in European Tour history.
• The first English winner of the 2013 season.
• England continue their streak of being the only country to win in every European Tour season.