Fire in Bristol flat after man falls asleep while cooking
Firefighters rescued a man from a burning Bristol flat after he fell asleep while cooking.
Three crews raced to the four-storey block of flats in Lower Lamb Street near City Hall at about 10pm on Saturday night.
They were responding to reports that a person was trapped inside one of the ground floor flats.
Firefighters using breathing apparatus broke into the flat and led the man to safety. He was not hurt.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
A fire spokesman said the man had fallen asleep in another room when his food had overcooked.
The flat suffered smoke damage.
The spokesman warned people not to leave cooking unattended because of the danger of fire.
* Two crews from Speedwell were called to a fire in a house in George Street, Redfield, but it had been put out on arrival.
* Firefighters dealt with a fire at a shed in Maesbury, Kingswood, which had been started deliberately.
* Two crews from Yate put out a fire at Doddmore Farm, Westerleigh after 25 tonnes of logs were deliberately torched.
The farmer assisted the firefighters by using a digger to separate the logs.