BRISTOL TRAFFIC UPDATES: Snow causing chaos
Bristol traffic report at 8.30am:
- Accident on Coniston Road at B4057 Gloucester Road/Highwood Road.
- M4 Westbound exit slip road partially blocked due to incident at J18 A46 (Bath/Tormarton).
- West Town Lane blocked, hazardous driving conditions due to snow at West Town Lane/West Town Park.
- Accident on Hengrove Lane at Beechmount Grove.
of hazardous driving conditions due to snow and accident on M5
Northbound between J23 A39 (Bridgwater North) and J22 A38/B3140
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
- There is a lane closed and slow traffic eastbound on the M4, Junction 19, due to a broken down lorry in heavy snow.
- St Michael's Hill is closed at the B4051 Perry Road junction, due to the snow.
- There are be no South West Trains services from Temple Meads this morning. Passengers will be accepted on First Great Western services to and from the station.
- Delays of 15 minutes between Taunton and Bristol Temple Meads because of problems with line-side equipment between the stations.
- No trains are running between Severn Beach and Avonmouth due to a problem at St Andrew's Road.
- There are multiple other delays. For updates from the live departure boards visit http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/ldbboard/dep/BRI.
- There will be no flights from Bristol Airport before midday.
- Hazardous driving conditions on M5 between Junction 18A M49 and Junction 14, B4509, Thornbury, due to the snow.
- There is queueing traffic and hazardous driving conditions on A4 Portway into in Avonmouth at Portway Roundabout, due to snow.
- Hazardous driving conditions also reported on M5 between Junction 14 B4509, Thornbury / Falfield, and Junction8 M50.
- A37 Wells Road is now closed both ways due to an accident involving a lorry between B3119 West Town Lane/Hengrove Lane and Priory Road/Broad Walk.
- M4 eastbound re-opened after snow was cleared and a broken down lorry removed between Junction 19 M32 Bristol and Junction 18 A46 Bath
- Two lanes are closed on M5 northbound due to a jackknifed lorry between Junction 15, M4 Almondsbury Interchange, and Junction 14, B4509 Thornbury.
- Ashley Road B4051 IS partially blocked at the Sussex Place junction because of a broken down lorry.
- There has been an accident on Hengrove Lane in Knowle at the Beechmount Grove junction.
- The A370 in Long Ashton is partially blockedat the Failand junction, due to a fallen tree.
- Blackberry Hill in Fishponds blocked and there are hazardous driving conditions at the Broom Hill junction.
- There is an an accident on B4048 Lodge Causeway in Fishponds at the Goodneston Road junction.
- First Great Western has announced that due to snow disrupting services all ticket restrictions have been lifted for the rest of today and that passengers with tickets to travel today will be able to use them tomorrow.
- The midday trains to Paddignton and manchester are cancelled, the latter due to poor weather conditions.
- First Buses are starting to reintroduce buses into Bristol. Services 43 from Kingswood, 49 from Staple Hill, 1 and 54 from Blackboy Hill and 8 and 9 from Whiteladies and Park Street are all back in service.
- More updates are due at 1pm.
- First are slowly introducing more buses with the 70, 75 and 76 all starting to operate again. Service 342 from Yate to Bristol is also set to start again.
- There are now limited service operating on the following routes: 1, 8, 9, 43, 48, 49, 54, 70, 73, 74, 75, 76.
- Passengers have begun boarding flights as Bristol Airport prepares to reopen with a clear runway.
- Around 30 flights were cancelled this morning after three inches of snow closed the runway.
- One lane is still closed on the M5 northbound due to a broken down lorry and hazardous driving conditions between Junction 15 M4 Almondsbury Interchange and Junction 14 B4509 Thornbury.
- Driving conditions on the M5 are still hazardous due to snow on between Junction 18A M49 and Junction 14 B4509 and further north between Junction 14 B4509 and Junction 8 M50.
- The A37 Wells Road is now reopen both ways with normal driving conditions after an accident was cleared between B3119 West Town Lane/Hengrove Lane and Priory Road/Broad Walk.
- Delays persist, especially from trains coming from Cardiff, which has seen heavy snow.
- The 14.00 to Manchester has been cancelled due to poor weather conditions.
- One lane is closed southbound on the M5 due to broken down vehicle between Junction 16 A38 Aztec West and Junction 17 A4018/B4055 Cribbs Causeway.
- All lanes are now open on the M5 northbound after a broken down lorry was removed between Junction 15 M4 Almondsbury Interchange and Junction 14 B4509 Thornbury/Falfield.
- First Bus spokeswoman Karen baxter said a picture of a sticken number 76 bus this morning contributed to the decision to suspend services across the city. She said: "This picture was obviously taken much earlier today. It's a Service 76 bus on Doncaster Road. Thankfully there were no injuries or damage but it is indicative of how slippy some of surfaces were, and this incident - along with other reports of issues - was one of the things that led to a decision to suspend the buses being taken. Such decisions are never taken lightly as we appreciate the impact that they have on customers but clearly the safety of our staff, our customers and other road users has to be a priority. Hopefully you will have noted that we have gradually reintroduced services throughout the day as things have improved."
- All accidents on roads in the Bristol area have been cleared but delays remain due to hazardous conditions on the M5 and the at the Three Lamps Junction on the A37