Top 10 ways to spend your New Year's Eve in Bristol
Champagne corks will be popping on New Year’s Eve as we wave goodbye to 2012 and say hello to 2013.
But where’s the best place to celebrate – tourism bosses in Bristol say the city has plenty to pick from for New Year celebrations.
Anna Slade, from Destination Bristol, said: “There is a great amount of choice in Bristol for those looking to celebrate the start of the New Year in style.
“Many of the city’s hotels and restaurants are offering special packages, including the Glassboat restaurant where a four-course dinner with Champagne on arrival followed by dancing is £55 per person, whilst the Lido is offering an exciting New Year’s Eve ‘Swim and Tapas’ evening for £45 per person with a glass of Champagne included.
This week's delicious £5 5 O'CLOCKTAIL is a refreshing Tequila Sunrise. Available everyday from our Bar for only £5 between 5pm & 7pm.
Terms: £5 cocktail applies to the cocktail of the week.
Contact: 0117 2448281
Valid until: Monday, May 27 2013
“For a glamorous evening of carnival-style fun, the Berkeley Square Hotel will host an evening of electro swing with a hog roast, circus performers, canapés, a DJ and a free bar, costing £95 in advance.”
We’ve picked out 10 highlights for New Year fun in Bristol to whet your appetite for a great night out in Bristol on December 31.
1. Vintage Carnival Glamour – Circus acts and performers are promised at The Square Club this New Year’s Eve and the dress code is Vintage glamour. A hog roast banquet is on the menu with a selection of canapés and an open bar – excluding Champagne. Entertainment includes electro swing band Kitten and The Hip. Tickets are limited to 180 with early bird price £85, standard £95 and full price £120.
The Square Club, Berkeley Square, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 1HB T: 0117 921 0455
2. Take a break – why not have a great night out and stay out too. Ramada Bristol City has put together a special package for celebrating New Year with the price including accommodation and breakfast the morning after. A four course meal awaits and with a resident DJ providing the music, there’s plenty to keep you occupied as the countdown to 2013 begins. There’s also a glass of Bucks Fizz and a selection of canapés on arrival. The first package costs £112 per adult and includes the New Year’s Eve event, overnight accommodation and breakfast the following morning while £152 per adult includes the New Year’s Eve event, two nights’ accommodation, breakfast on both mornings plus an additional night’s dinner in the Kiln Restaurant.
Ramada Bristol City , Redcliffe Way, Bristol, BS1 6NJ T: 0117 926 0041
3. Black-tie ball – toast the old year and celebrate the new at a New Year’s Eve Black Tie Ball at the Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel. There’s a Champagne reception followed by a four course dinner and then dancing to live entertainment and a disco. Price is £79.95 per adult and booking is essential. Seating is on tables of 10 unless otherwise requested. The event starts at 7.30pm, 8pm Dinner and carriages at 1am.
Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel, College Green, Bristol, BS1 5TA T: 0117 925 5100
4. Party Down Under! – Well not quite but you can party Aussie Style at Walkabout Bristol on New Year’s Eve. The promoters say: “Expect a wild party with surprises at midnight, bubbly flowing and a live feed from the London NYE countdown.” Entry fee £5.
Walkabout Bristol , 40 Corn Street, Bristol, BS1 1HQ T: 0117 930 0181
5. Dress to Impress or have a ball – Cadbury House is staging two different functions to suit different budgets on New Year’s Eve. There’s a ball featuring Boogie Avenue party band and its own DJ Chris Alexander with dancing until 2am. There’s also dinner included in the £79 per person price for this black tie event. But also on is the Dress to Impress Gala buffet and disco until 1am at £35 per person.
DoubleTree by Hilton Cadbury House, Frost Hill, Congresbury, BS49 5AD T: 01934 834343
6. All aboard! The Soultrain is pulling in to Ashton Court Mansion on New Year’s Eve. It is billed as “20 years of Soultrain – It’s a Celebration” and costs £15 a ticket from www.soultrain.co.uk Soultrain’s genre of music is soul, rare groove and jazz funk from the last four decades of the 20th century.
Ashton Court Mansion, Ashton Court Estate, Long Ashton, Bristol, BS41 9JN T: 0117 963 3438.
7. Grain Barge – party goers are invited to ‘dine, drink, dance and be merry on the decks of Grain Barge this New Year’s Even with live music, DJs and the fabulous views of the harbour’. From 8pm to 2.30am, there’s a range of entertainment including live music from Count Bobo and The Bullion, a six piece Ska band from Bristol and Bath and Bert Miller and The Animal Folk. There’s free entry before 9pm for lunch and dinner bookings. £15 on the door with advance tickets available.
Grain Barge , Mardyke Wharf, Hotwell Road, Hotwells, Bristol, BS8 4RU T: 0117 9299 347
8. It’s Party Time – The Lanes Bristol is holding a New Year’s Eve Party from 8pm until late with guests Pop Britannia and The Beat-Alls. Plus there’s a midnight balloon drop along with traditional countdown to 2013. Advance tickets are £10 from the Gimme Shelter! Boutique, within The Lanes, or Bristol Ticket Shop.
The Lanes Bristol, 22 Nelson Street, Bristol, BS1 2LE T: 0117 325 1979
Bristol Ticket Shop, 26 Union Street, Broadmead, Bristol, BS1 2DP T: 0871 978 1256
9. Midnight to remember – The Syndicate Bristol is planning a night to remember as fun seekers see out 2012. They promise a night of flowing Champagne, confetti bursting, popping Pyros, awesome lasers and a fabulous sound system. In the main arena will be DJ Steve Murphy while in The Moko Room there’s DJ Tim with soul classics, R&B and Hip Hop. There’s also the chance to book a VIP Table with a bottle service and Champagne reception.
The Syndicate Bristol, 15 Nelson Street, Bristol, BS1 2JY T: 0117 945 0325
10. Big Night Out – is promised by Oceana with early bird tickets £5 guaranteeing entry before 10.30pm, includes queue jump and a glass of bubbly. Door price to be confirmed. Oceana features five bars and two nightclubs and has a 2626 capacity.
Oceana Bristol , The South Buildings, Canons Road, Bristol, BS1 5UH T: 0845 2932 860