10 things to do this weekend – September 1-2
Make the most of your weekend with our guide to what’s on in Bristol and the surrounding area.
1. On Saturday from 10.30am-1pm at the Royal West of England Academy there is a “Scribble and Sketch” event – drawing workshops with artist Anouk Mercier. Free with exhibition entry.
2. Ladies, dust off those fascinators. If you head over to Bath on Saturday afternoon it is Ladies’ Day at the racecourse . Tickets cost £69.
3. Bristol Rovers take on Morecambe at home on Saturday at the Memorial Stadium.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
4. Check out Les Dennis, who is starring in Jigsy at the Tobacco Factory Theatre – until September 8.
5. At the M shed on Saturday and Sunday from 12pm-5pm you can get a ride on the John King boat – a diesel tug built to tow cargo ships from the docks to the mouth of the River Avon, and helped bring the ss Great Britain home in 1970. Tickets £5/£3.
6. At The Watershed on Sunday as part of their Sunday Brunches this month, Jeremy Thomas’ film Bad Timing will be shown at midday. The Watershed is screening a selection of his films to accompany his special appearance at the Encounters Film Festival at the end of the month.
7. Head to the The Louisiana on Saturday daytime for a charity event raising money for local charity Music Space, which provides music therapy for disabled children, and national charity Man Kind which helps male victims of domestic violence. Featuring Riff Raff, a community choir formed in 2010 who perform acapella arrangements of rock and pop music.
8. Bar of the week to try this weekend: Boca Bar.
9. Restaurant of the week to try this weekend: Lal Jomi Pavillion Restaurant, Redland.
10. Recipe of the week to give a go if you decide to eat in: Try making some pumpkin soup.
For some ideas of how to occupy your time next week check back at ThisisBristol on Monday.