10 things to do this weekend – November 10-11
Make the most of your weekend with our guide to what’s on in Bristol and the surrounding area.
1. For fireworks this weekend you can head to Stoke Bishop Primary School on Saturday. The display will be on the school playing field, with hot refreshments available. It starts at 6pm, entry cost is £3.50 on the door.
2. The Grand Pier in Weston-super-Mare is also holding an evening of fireworks on Saturday. The best views will be from the pier and entry is ticket only. Entry onto the Grand Pier and unlimited rides for the evening is £5 and entry, unlimited rides and a hot dog or burger is £7.50. Tickets available from the retail shop on the first floor. Doors open at 6pm.
3. Meet the goat keepers on Saturday - go along for a strenuous walk in the gully at Avon Gorge searching for a herd of goats. Along the way, find out how they’re helping to save the Avon Gorge’s rare plants. The walk is from 10.30am - 12pm and costs £3. Book with the Avon Gorge & Downs Wildlife Project on 0117 9030609 or e-mail email@example.com
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
4. There will be several events taking place to mark Remembrance Day on Saturday and Sunday.
On Sunday the Bristol City Pipes and Drums will lead the parade from College Green at 10.30am and will play at the Cenotaph immediately prior to the multi-faith service. The wreath laying ceremony will take place at the Cenotaph in Bristol City Centre. There will a Remembrance Sunday service at the Great War Memorial, and a service at Bristol Cathedral at 10.50am.
On Saturday and Sunday at Arnos Vale, there will be specially-arranged memorial events. On Saturday at 1.30pm there will be a guided tour around the war graves at the ceremony. Tickets cost £5.
On Sunday there will also be a service at Clifton Cathedral at 11am. There are also services planned for Kingswood, Yate, Mangotsfield, Staple Hill, Avonmouth, Hanham and Warmley, Weston-super-Mare, Portishead, Chipping Sodbury, Thornbury, Nailsea and Backwell.
5. Meet Santa’s reindeer at The Mall, Cribbs Causeway on Sunday from 10am. Tickets cost £5. Children will be able to take a close look at the reindeer in their petting area and meet Santa, the Ice Queen and her Ice Fairies, in the Enchanted Ice Castle.
6. Get involved with the Bristol Street Art Walking Tours on Saturday from 11am to 1pm. Donations welcome. Visit www.wherethewall.com to book. The tour will be a unique historical and cultural journey into Bristol street art. Guided by John Nation, one of Bristol's foremost street art experts, and focusing on central Bristol and Stokes Croft, you'll find out the background stories behind some of Bristol's biggest street art, and discover street art you've never seen before.
7. Bristol City take on Charlton at home at Ashton Gate on Sunday at 3pm.
8. Pub of the week to try this weekend: The Flyer
9. Restaurant of the week to try this weekend: Carluccio's
10. Recipe of the week to give a go if you decide to eat in: Beef stew with dumplings
For some ideas of how to occupy your time next week check back at ThisisBristol on Monday.