10 things to do in Bristol this weekend – October 6-7
Make the most of your weekend with our guide to what’s on in Bristol and the surrounding area.
1. Catch the final performance of Take Me With You at the Brewery Theatre in Southville on Saturday evening - the poignant, funny and heartbreaking story of three dreamers adrift in Los Angeles. Tickets £10 from 0117 902 0344.
2. Singer-songwriter Benjamin Francis Leftwich is playing at the O2 Academy on Saturday at 7pm.
3. Go and see the Moscow State Circus on the Downs on any evening this weekend – or until October 14.
4. Try a history walk at Stoke Park from 1-3pm on Saturday – discover its history with local expert Steven England. The walk is free.
5. Have a ride on the Bristol Harbour Railway on Saturday or Sunday, 11am-5pm from outside the M shed. Be transported back to the days of steam and take a ride along the harbour on one of M Shed's biggest exhibits, Henbury Steam Locomotive. Ticket prices: All Day Rover - £4, Single/Return to ss Great Britain - £1/£2, Single/Return to Create Centre - £2/£3, Under 6s travel free. Buy tickets on-board on the day.
6. At the Bristol Old Vic’s Cooper’s Loft there will be a workshop with playwright and director Duncan Macmillan on Saturday, 1.30-4pm. The event is free.
7. Bristol Rovers are at home at the Memorial Stadium to Northampton on Saturday at 3pm.
8. Pub of the week to try this weekend: Victoria Park pub, Bedminster
9. Restaurant of the week to try this weekend: Flinty Red, Cotham Hill.
10. Recipe of the week to give a go if you decide to eat in: Fragrant pork and aubergines
For some ideas of how to occupy your time next week check back at ThisisBristol on Monday.