10 things to do in Bristol this weekend – November 3-4
Make the most of your weekend with our guide to what’s on in Bristol and the surrounding area.
1. Head down to Thekla on Sunday night for a set from Julia Stone – who is making her solo debut after four years as one half of sibling duo Angus and Julia Stone.
2. Firework Fantasia – Clevedon and District Round Table is holding its annual bonfire and firework fantasia on November 3 at the Clevedon Cricket Club . Tickets in advance cost £3 or £4 on the gate. Gates open at 6pm for funfair rides, the bonfire is lit at 7pm and fireworks at 7.30pm.
3. On the same night DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House will hold it’s fifth annual night of fireworks. The grounds around the luxury health club and hotel will be transformed, complete with fairground rides and stalls. The celebrations will begin at 4.30pm and carry on throughout the night with a children’s entertainment show at 5pm. Tickets for the event cost £5 for members and £7.50 for non-members. Kids tickets cost £3 for members and £4 for non-members with children under three going free.
Dyson DC50i - Bagless upright vacuum cleaner - BALL Technology -...View details
Thisi is Dyson's smallest upright vacuum cleaner with the performance of a full size upright machine. The DC50i has Dyson's most advanced cleaner head technology and 2 Tier RadialTM cyclones.
Terms: LIMITED STOCK OFFER. FREE delivery to most UK postcodes - Next working day dispatch.
Contact: 01664 491439
Valid until: Monday, May 27 2013
4. Also on Saturday, 1st Winterbourne Scouts group’s famous community firework display is being held at the usual place at Sunnyside Farm, off Cloisters Road Winterbourne. Gates open at 5.30 with a bring a Guy competition, and the main display starts at 7pm with traditional BBQ fare on offer. For more bonfire night events this weekend see our guide here.
5. Bristol Rovers take on Sheffield United at home at the Memorial Stadium.in the FA Cup at 3pm on Saturday.
6. Take a trip on the Mayflower - the world's oldest steam tug - from outside the M shed over the weekend. The historic vessel celebrated her 150th birthday last year. Trips last 30 minutes and run between 12pm-5pm.
7. Enjoy some storytelling for adult audiences at the Brewery Theatre on Sunday evening with Baba Yaga’s Oven. Russian stories, music and song with storytellers Michael Loader and Rebecca Smart and master musician Martin Solomon. Nazdorovje!
8. Pub of the week to try this weekend: Annexe Inn
9. Restaurant of the week to try this weekend: Biblos
10. Recipe of the week to give a go if you decide to eat in: Spaghetti vongole
For some ideas of how to occupy your time next week check back at ThisisBristol on Monday.