10 things to do in Bristol this weekend – March 9-10
Make the most of your weekend with our guide to what’s on in Bristol and the surrounding area.
1. Bristol Metropolitan Orchestra will be playing a selection of Dvorak, Sibeliue and Tchaikovsky at a concert at St George's on Saturday at 7.30pm. Tickets £7-15). Emil Huckle-Kleve, Bristol’s very own virtuoso violinist, joins the orchestra for the performance.
2. At The Comedy Box on Saturday night from 8.45pm you can catch the award-winning comedian Nathan Caton (as seen and heard on ITV’s FHM Stand-Up Hero & BBC Radio 4) who will tackle everything from race to school yard jokes in a hilarious show that will leave you no doubt as to why Caton is regarded as one of the hottest rising stars on the scene. Tickets £12.
3. On Sunday as part of the Bristol Storytelling Festival at the Brewery Theatre charming performer Josian Fazou offers a selection of tales from his native Mauritius – of goats, ghosts and the untold story behind the highest mountain on the island. Starts at 7.45pm, tickets £10.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Wednesday, May 22 2013
4. The Full Monty will be on at The Hippodrome for the final time on Saturday night.
5. Did you fail to get tickets for Fleetwood Mac’s upcoming tour? The next best thing – tribute act Rumours of Fleetwood Mac – are playing at Colston Hall on Saturday night at 7.30pm. Tickets £22.50.
6. Visit Bristol Zoo on Saturday for a willow wildlife workshop - create your own bird sculpture out of willow. Artist Julie Starks will show you how to weave a work of art for your garden. 10am – 4 pm, £40, aimed at adults. Book with the Avon Gorge & Downs Wildlife Project on 0117 9030609 or e-mail email@example.com.
7. Bristol City take on Middlesbrough at home at Ashton Gate on Saturday at 3pm.
8. Pub of the week to try this weekend: The Kensington Arms
9. Restaurant of the week to try this weekend: The Cowshed
10. Recipe of the week to give a go if you decide to eat in: Scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream
For some ideas of how to occupy your time next week check back at ThisisBristol on Monday.