10 things to do in Bristol this weekend – June 30-July 1
If you’re looking for something to do this weekend, look no further than our list of 10 suggestions for how to spend your days off.
As well as browsing a selection of the latest cars on show, you'll also be able to explore a range of motor homes, caravans and motorbikes.
Admire a selection of iconic film cars, test your racing skills with a spin in the F1 simulator, take a taster driving lesson with Young Driver (11 – 16 year olds) or compete against your racing rivals on the MiniZ track. The event will run from 9am-8pm on Saturday and 11am-5pm on Sunday.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
2. On Saturday do your good deed for the day and take part in a clothes swap in aid of local charity One25 . The swap is being held at the Radisson Blu Hotel in the city centre – ladies can take up to 10 items for swapping. Doors open at 2pm and the swap will begin at 3pm. Tickets cost £6 on the door or £5 in advance if you email email@example.com.
3. Ping pong bonanza Ping! kicks off this weekend with 46 table tennis tables across the city. Here’s a map with all the locations – take your pick.
4. The Grillstock BBQ and blues festival is back in town this weekend on the Harbourside. It’s a jam-packed weekend celebrating world championship BBQ cooking, fantastic foot stompin’ music and delicious food and drink.
5. There will be more music at WOMAD (World of Music, Arts and Dance) Festival at Bristol Zoo on Saturday. The one-day festival brings together music, arts and dance acts from all over the globe.
6. And yet more music will be played at T4 on the beach in Weston-super-Mare on Sunday – including a set from hugely popular boyband The Wanted.
7. In Clevedon the Royal British Legion is holding a parade and drumhead service to mark Armed Forces Day on Sunday. The parade, at the Salthouse Fields at 2.30pm, will be led by the Avon Glen Pipe & Drum Band, with the Portishead Town Band playing at the bandstand and later at the Hawthorns Retirement Hotel.
People are being invited to join the parade or take part in the service at the bandstand which starts at 3pm.
8. Pub of the week: The Golden Lion .
9. Curry house of the week: Tandoori Knight.
10. Recipe of the week: If you need to make a birthday cake this weekend try this Nigella Lawson custard sponge .