10 things to do in Bristol this weekend – January 5-6
Make the most of your weekend with our guide to what’s on in Bristol and the surrounding area.
1. At the Alma Tavern theatre on Saturday at 8pm is Fat Joe’s Chicken Shack – “a needle-sharp indictment of global marketing and the power of advertising, as incredibly funny as it is bleak”. Tickets £5.
2. Bristol’s brilliant bamboozler is back at the Brewery Theatre with a magical show to delight and amaze. This show – Magic Matters with Peter Clifford - is “best seen to be disbelieved with your own eyes.” It runs until January 12.
3. Watch the highly-anticipated adaption of Salman Rushdie’s Midnight’s Children on the silver screen at The Watershed. It’s on until January 10.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Wednesday, May 22 2013
4. Get a backstage tour at The Tobacco Factory Theatre’s Christmas production of Hansel and Gretel on Saturday after the 2.30pm show. The hour-long workshop for children aged 6-11 costs £5.
5. There is still time to catch Bristol Old Vic’s Christmas show Peter Pan. The show will run until January 19.
6. Go behind the scenes on Saturday at Bristol Museum and Art Gallery on a guided tour of the museum’s natural history store, led by its Biology curator. Tour times:10.30am-11.30am, 11.30am-12.30pm, 1pm-2pm, 2pm-3pm. For more information about this event contact museum reception on 0117 922 3571 or email@example.com.
7. Support Bristol Rovers as they take on Gillingham at home at the Memorial Stadium on Saturday at 3pm.
8. Pub of the week to try this weekend: The Gryphon
9. Restaurant of the week to try this weekend: Gourmet Burger Kitchen
10. Recipe of the week to give a go if you decide to eat in: Medium-cut Seville orange marmalade
For some ideas of how to occupy your time next week check back at ThisisBristol on Monday.