10 things to do in Bristol this weekend – January 19-20
Make the most of your weekend with our guide to what’s on in Bristol and the surrounding area.
1. Jimmy Carr is on stage at Colston Hall on Saturday at 8pm.
2. Discover the wildlife and plants that can be found in the ancient woodland at Stoke Park on a walk led by local expert Steven England on Sunday from 10.30am-12.30pm. Meet at The Cameron Centre, Lockleaze.
3. Head to the M shed on Saturday from 11am-5pm for a day of art and performance by disabled artists and filmmakers. As part of the nationwide promotion of disability rights and successes, there will be a mix of thought-provoking and comic films, opportunities for discussion, a performance by Bristol's own Concorde wheelchair dancers and artwork on display. BSL interpreters and PAs will be available on the day.
Bridal hand tied bouquet (Roses)
2 Bridesmaids (Roses)
Groom & Best Man button holes (Roses)
Discounted rates apply to larger Bridal party requests.
Not to be used with any other offer.
Contact: 0117 2448228
Valid until: Tuesday, December 31 2013
4. Farrow and Ball will be giving an illustrated and informal talk explaining how through the simple use of colour you can achieve striking results at the Royal West of England Academy on Sunday at 1pm – tickets £10.
5. At the Alma Tavern theatre on Sunday night at 8pm you can see a performance from The False Beards. Tickets £7.
6. Bristol Rugby are playing Cardiff at the Memorial Stadium on Sunday at 3pm.
7. If football is more your thing, Bristol Rovers take on Exeter on Saturday at 3pm at the Memorial Stadium.
8. Pub of the week to try this weekend: Lock Keeper
9. Restaurant of the week to try this weekend: Giardino
10. Recipe of the week to give a go if you decide to eat in: Clam chowder with cod
For some ideas of how to occupy your time next week check back at ThisisBristol on Monday.