10 things to do in Bristol this weekend – January 12-13
Make the most of your weekend with our guide to what’s on in Bristol and the surrounding area.
1. Visit The Watershedon Sunday for their series “Singing and The Rain Sunday Brunches”. They say: “Musicals aren't all sheen and artificiality... they can be edgy, gritty, and full of drama, too.” This week it’s Cabaret at midday – tickets £5.50 (£4) and you get £1 off all meal orders over £6.95 in the café/bar on the same day with your ticket.
2. Watch prominent soukous musician Kanda Bongo Man play at The Tunnels on Saturday night – tickets £10.
3. Take a trip to The Comedy Boxin Southville for a laugh at Irish comedian Brendan Dempsey, with Daliso Chaponda and compere David Morgan.
Dyson DC50i - Bagless upright vacuum cleaner - BALL Technology -...View details
Thisi is Dyson's smallest upright vacuum cleaner with the performance of a full size upright machine. The DC50i has Dyson's most advanced cleaner head technology and 2 Tier RadialTM cyclones.
Terms: LIMITED STOCK OFFER. FREE delivery to most UK postcodes - Next working day dispatch.
Contact: 01664 491439
Valid until: Monday, May 27 2013
4. The Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition is on show at the Bristol Museum and Art Gallery until February 17. Entry is free.
5. There is still time to catch Bristol Old Vic’s Christmas show Peter Pan. The show will run until January 19.
6. Peter Andre will be singing at Colston Hall on Saturday at 7pm.
7. Support Bristol City as they take on Leicester at Ashton Gate – kick off at 3pm.
8. Pub of the week to try this weekend: The Bull on Crews Hole Road
9. Restaurant of the week to try this weekend: Merchant Arms
10. Recipe of the week to give a go if you decide to eat in: Blood orange tart
For some ideas of how to occupy your time next week check back at ThisisBristol on Monday.