10 things to do in Bristol this weekend – December 22-23
Make the most of your weekend with our guide to what’s on in Bristol and the surrounding area.
1. There’s a Christmas carol sing-a-long on Sunday at 3pm at Colston Hall - tickets £15 - £32.50. Clap your hands, stamp your feet and sing your heart out as irrepressible showman Jonathan Cohen leads you through a jamboree of his best-loved carols and all-time festive hits. Including family favourites such as All I Want for Christmas is You, Jingle Bells, We Three Kings, When a Child is Born, The Twelve Days of Christmas and O come, all ye Faithful.
2. Head to the Harbourside on Saturday or Sunday for a Christmas market. Go along and see an abundance of locally made gifts, stocking fillers, handcrafted cards and wrapping paper, organic candles and handmade wreaths. Food stalls such as Café Cake will be serving up delicious Christmas delicacies – including dark chocolate candied orange and sumptuous brandy soaked dagen prune and chocolate brownies and home mulled cider.
3. Bristol Choral Society will be performing Handel's Messiah at Colston Hall on Saturday. At 7.30pm there will be the traditional full performance, performed completely from memory. Also at 4.30pm they will do a Mini Messiah family concert – a short version (about one hour) which is great for anyone with children.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
4. Bring the whole family to watch an alfresco screening of the classic Christmas film Father Christmas for free on the Big Screen in At-Bristol 's Millennium Square on Saturday and Sunday. Warm up entertainment from 11.30am, screenings at 12 noon, 1pm and 2pm. Christmas treats and refreshments will be available from the At-Bristol café.
5. The Alma Tavern theatre will be staging A Thin Ghost by M. R. James on Saturday night at 8pm. Danann McAleer performs three of M. R. James' most unnerving ghost stories. Tickets £9/£6.
6. Meet and feed Santa’s reindeer - Jingle and Belle have flown in to Bristol Zoo for the Christmas holidays. Visitors can get up-close to the reindeer, stroke their velvety noses and feed them their favourite food. Small additional charges apply, for full details of what’s on at Bristol Zoo this winter, visit their website.
7. Watch Bristol Rovers take on Rotherham at home at the Memorial Stadium. on Saturday at 3pm.
8. Pub of the week to try this weekend: Prince Of Wales
9. Restaurant of the week to try this weekend: Biblos
10. Recipe of the week to give a go if you decide to eat in: Bombay-style Brussels sprouts
For some ideas of how to occupy your time next week check back at ThisisBristol on Monday.