10 things to do in Bristol this weekend – December 15-16
Make the most of your weekend with our guide to what’s on in Bristol and the surrounding area.
1. The Chocolate Festival returns to Quakers Friars and Cabot Circus this weekend – giving everyone the chance to sample some of Britain’s best chocolatiers, meet artisan chocolate producers and stock up on Christmas presents.
2. On Sunday night at 7.30pm the Puppini Sisters will be performing at the Christmas Spiegeltent on the Harbourside. Tickets £17.50.
3. Get into the Christmas spirit with a garland making workshop on Saturday with Sue Amesbury at Bristol Zoo. Sue will teach how to make a two metre garland using locally sourced materials to decorate your fireplace, staircase or door. Then go for a short walk on the Downs to discover the folklore of trees and shrubs used to make seasonal decorations. 10am - 3.30pm - £40 (includes materials). Book with the Avon Gorge & Downs Wildlife Project on 0117 9030609 or e-mail email@example.com
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
4. Bring the whole family to watch an alfresco screening of the classic Christmas film Father Christmas for free on the Big Screen in At-Bristol 's Millennium Square this December. Warm up entertainment from 11.30am, screenings at 12 noon, 1pm and 2pm. Christmas treats and refreshments will be available from the At-Bristol café.
5. Visit Bristol Museum and Art Gallery for No Borders, a major exhibition of international contemporary art featuring artists from the Middle East, Asia and Africa. It opens on Saturday and will run until June.
6. Join in the festive spirit with Christmas Carols inside Blaise Castle and also enjoy the fantastic views it has to offer on Sunday from 11am. Contact the estate office on 0117 963 9174 for further details.
7. Bristol City are playing Derby at home at Ashton Gate on Saturday at 3pm.
8. Pub of the week to try this weekend: The Robins
9. Restaurant of the week to try this weekend: Rupsha
10. Recipe of the week to give a go if you decide to eat in: Lamb, red wine and rosemary casserole
For some ideas of how to occupy your time next week check back at ThisisBristol on Monday.