10 things to do in Bristol this weekend May 26-27
Here's our recommendations of things to do in Bristol this weekend:
1. Go back in time to when dinosaurs walked the planet with Bristol Zoo's new summer attraction - DinoZoo. For three months, 12 life-like animatronic dinosaurs will be placed around the zoo.
2. The Phantom of the Opera has just started its run at the Hippodrome, and you can catch it there until June 30.
3. Check out Vegfest. Now in its tenth year, the world's biggest veggie event is taking place on the harbourside in Bristol over the weekend.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
4. On Saturday the glory of the FA Cup is heading to Bristol - for the first time ever, the city will play host to the FA Women's Cup Final. The match - between Birmingham City and Chelsea - will kick-off at 12.15pm and will be screened live on Sky Sports.
5. Windmill Hill City Farm is hosting a spring festival on Saturday complete with a hog roast, live music and market. Adults get in for £5 and children get in for free.
6. Head down to Arnos Vale Cemetery on Saturday or Sunday for their Bioblitz event - collecting data about the cemetery's biodiversity.
7. Take a ride in an electric crane cabin down on the harbourside outside M shed on Sunday when the museum will be opening up the electric cranes and the Fairbairn steam crane to the public.
8. Pub of the week: The Kensington Arms, Redland.
9. Curry house of the week: Thali Cafe in Montpelier (or Totterdown, Clifton or Easton).
10. But if you fancy eating in - we're into samphire season so if you know a secret location where you can harvest some why not give this recipe for trout with samphire and beurre blanc a go.