10 things to do in Bristol this week – September 10-14
Make the most of the week ahead with our guide to what’s on in Bristol.
1. After a sell-out run in 2010, the play Little Deaths returns to the Alma Tavern theatre reworked by local writer Steve Lambert to include new material and a new title, Aftercare. Aftercare explores the intimate lives of three people whose secret needs and desires lure them into dangerous territory where the stakes couldn’t be higher. The play runs from Tuesday to Saturday at 8pm, with a matinee on Saturday as well.
2. An unusual line-up of a bass, sax and vocals makes up Kaleidoscope, who are playing jazz in the foyer space at Colston Hall on Wednesday at 6pm. Free entry.
3. Head to Bristol Zoo on Thursday to experience their grounds in style with a guided tour of their gardens accompanied by a tasty cream tea. Pre-booking required.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
4. Be inspired by local artist and paint effects expert, Vanessa Webb, as she teaches you how to create beautiful paint effects using Farrow & Ball unmatched paints at the Royal West of England Academy. The two-day workshop takes place on Wednesday and Thursday and costs £175.
5. On Monday watch the Team GB victory parade as it happens on the big screen in Millennium Square. It will be on from 2pm-5pm.
6. On Thursday hear about the early history and heroes of Bristol Rugby Club from Mark Hoskins, author of books including 'Bristol Football Club (RFU) - 100 Greats'. Archivist Graham Tratt also presents highlights from the club's archive at Bristol Record Office at this free event at M shed . 5.30-7pm.
7. Visit Bristol Museum and Art Gallery on Tuesday from 6.30pm-7.30pm for a talk about the Artist Rooms exhibition. Join gallerist, collector and the driving force behind Artist Rooms, Anthony d'Offay, and Amy Dickson as they discuss Anthony's work with the artist. £5 per ticket.
8. Pub of the week to try: Highbury Vaults, St Michael’s Hill.
9. Restaurant of the week to try: Plantation on Cheltenham Road
10. Recipe of the week to give a go if you decide to eat in: Apple and plum pudding with rum caramel sauce
And if you need some ideas for the weekend, check back at ThisisBristol later in the week.