10 things to do in Bristol this week – October 22-26
Make the most of the week ahead with our guide to what’s on in Bristol.
1. The Proclaimers are on stage at the O2 Academy on Wednesday night at 7pm.
2. On Tuesday night Bristol City take on Burnley at home at Ashton Gate . Kick off 7.45pm.
3. Pop group the Scissor Sisters are playing at Colston Hall on Monday evening.
Enjoy one free child admission with a full paying adult ticket.
Terms: Not to be used in conjunction with any discounted ticket or special ticket offer. No cash alternative. Excludes Bank Holidays and Bank Holiday Weekends. Ref: This is Bristol Website Voucher
Contact: 01963 400330
Valid until: Friday, January 31 2014
4. Celebrate Hallowe’en with Bristol in the Dissection lab at At-Bristol and unearth mysteries about your body and blood. The Gore Blimey activities take place between October 22 and October 31.
5. On Friday at M shedfrom 10.30am-1pm be inspired by African cultures by looking at objects in the museum as part of Discovery Day for Black History Month.
6. Visit The Arnolfinion Thursday where Will Self will be talking about his book Umbrella as part of the Bristol Festival of Ideas. 6-7pm, tickets £7.
7. The second lunchtime play at Brewery Theatre direct from Glasgow’s a Play, a Pie and a Pint, is a dark emotional thriller from a new voice, writer Frances Poet. You can watch the play Faith Fall from October 23-27.
8. Bar of the week to try: The Full Moon
9. Restaurant of the week to try: Za Za Bazaar
10. Recipe of the week to give a go if you decide to eat in: Grilled lamb with feta and lemon
And if you need some ideas for the weekend, check back at ThisisBristol later in the week.