10 things to do in Bristol this week – October 1-5
Make the most of the week ahead with our guide to what’s on in Bristol.
1. Head to the Alma Tavern theatre in Clifton from Tuesday and through the week at 8pm for Sleep Lane - a taxi driver takes a mysterious Greek passenger to a fairytale treelined lane on the edge of Bristol and a night of midsummer madness begins.
3. Bristol Poetry Festival runs until October 2 and features award winning poets at The Arnolfini.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
4. Be one of the first to see the city’s refurbished Bristol Old Vic. The first show being performed on stage in the theatre since it closed for the massive revamp is John O’Keeffe’s Wild Oats. It runs until October 20.
5. Irish singer and rapper Maverick Sabre is playing live at the O2 Academy in Frogmore Street on Friday.
6. If spiders scare the living daylights out of you then try Bristol Zoo’s spider phobia course on Tuesday.
7. Comedienne Sarah Millican is on stage at Colston Hall on Tuesday at 8pm.
8. Bar of the week to try: The Apple, Welsh Back
9. Restaurant of the week to try: The Gallimaufry, Gloucester Road
10. Recipe of the week to give a go if you decide to eat in: Spicy beetroot and coconut soup with herby yoghurt
And if you need some ideas for the weekend, check back at ThisisBristol later in the week.