10 things to do in Bristol this week – March 18-22
Make the most of the week ahead with our guide to what’s on in Bristol.
1. Dolly Parton’s musical 9 to 5 opens at The Hippodrome on Monday and runs until Friday. Tickets £7.50-£42.
2. Canadian comedian Jason John Whitehead will be performing on Friday at The Comedy Box at 8.45pm. Tickets £12.
3. Join a tour of M shed's collection stores and encounter treasures from the city's industrial and maritime past. Tours take place every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 11.30am and every Wednesday and Saturday at 2.30pm. Tours last 45 mins. Suitable for ages 12 and over.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
4. Comedian Harry Hill brings his show Sausage Time to Colston Hall on Tuesday at 7.30pm. Since winning the coveted Perrier Best Newcomer Award at the 1992 Edinburgh Fringe, Harry has toured extensively, but he’s not been on the live stage for six years… until now.
5. Take part in a free historic walk from M shed to Victoria Park on Tuesday at 1.30pm. Explore how the city evolved as Bristol became industrialised and the implications this had on public health. Join our museum volunteers as they take you on a guided tour exploring local history, photographs and maps.
6. Explore the woodlands at Stoke Park on a winter tree walk on Wednesday - identify the different species of tree, learn about the current coppicing and woodland management of the estate, as well learning about the historic woodlands and landscape with local expert Steven England. 10am-12pm. Meeting place: The Cameron Centre, Lockleaze, BS7 9XB.
7. The Gaslight Anthem are playing the O2 Academy on Thursday night at 7pm.
8. Bar of the week to try: The Big Chill Bar
9. Restaurant of the week to try: Bordeaux Quay
10. Recipe of the week to give a go if you decide to eat in: Tagliarini with sea bass, squid, mussels, clams, brown shrimps, tomato and parsley
And if you need some ideas for the weekend, check back at ThisisBristol later in the week.