10 things to do in Bristol this week – February 25 – March 1
Make the most of the week ahead with our guide to what’s on in Bristol.
1. The first Bristol International Jazz and Blues Festival opens on Friday at Colston Hall. Headlining the festival are US guitarist John Scofield's Organic Trio, Cuban trumpeter Arturo Sandoval and French duo Richard Galliano and Bireli Lagrene. Alongside these are a host of artists covering straight-ahead, contemporary, funk, Latin and trad jazz as well as blues, offering a wide range of first class music for jazz lovers across the board.
2. Bristol Old Vic’s production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream opens on Thursday, and runs until May 4. Tickets £8-£28.
3. Hotly-tipped Glasgow electro trio Chvrches play at Thekla on Tuesday at 7pm.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Wednesday, May 22 2013
4. Watch the Yamato Drummers at The Hippodrome on Wednesday night at 7.30pm. Yamato take the ancient art of taiko drumming and bring it bang up-to-date in an exhilarating display of expertise and athleticism that has thrilled audiences worldwide. Tickets £12-£31.50.
5. Wilko Johnson, guitarist and founding member of Dr. Feelgood, will perform a show at The Fleece as part of his farewell concerts in the UK. The show will be on Wednesday at 7.30pm – tickets £17.50.
6. Theatre company Idle Motion are staging their award-nominated show Borges and I at the Brewery Theatre until Saturday, at 8.15pm each evening. Tickets £8-10.
7. Go for a swim and dinner at the Clifton Lido.
8. Pub of the week to try: Rose Of Denmark
9. Restaurant of the week to try: La Campagnuola
10. Recipe of the week to give a go if you decide to eat in: Seafood pasta with garlic bread
And if you need some ideas for the weekend, check back at ThisisBristol later in the week.