10 things to do in Bristol this week – December 31 to January 4
Make the most of the week ahead with our guide to what’s on in Bristol.
1. At Colston Hall on New Year’s Eve for the Viennese Gala with the BSO at 7pm.
2. Visit Bristol Museum and Art Gallery for their exhibition Stitch and Think. It showcases the work of the Stitch and Think research group whose aim is to identify and explore the values and current contemporary thinking about hand-making skills reflected through the discipline of stitch. The group is made up of applied artists and design makers, with staff from the Department of Creative Industries at the University of the West of England.
3. The Hippodrome ’s Christmas panto Aladdin is still going. Loose Women star Carol McGiffin and Bristol favourite and Big Brother winner Josie Gibson guest star alongside Andy Ford. It runs until January 6.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
4. And The Tobacco Factory Theatre ’s production of Hansel and Gretel runs until January 13. Watch a trailer here:
5. At the Alma Tavern theatre from Thursday to Saturday at 8pm is Fat Joe’s Chicken Shack – “a needle-sharp indictment of global marketing and the power of advertising, as incredibly funny as it is bleak”. Tickets £5.
6. On New Year’s Eve at 6pm the BSO Brass Ensemble will be playing in Colston Hall’s foyer performance space. Tickets are free.
7. Bristol Rovers will be playing Plymouth at the Memorial Stadium. on Tuesday at 1pm.
8. Pub of the week to try: Golden Guinea
9. Restaurant of the week to try: Piccolino Bristol
10. Recipe of the week to give a go if you decide to eat in: Monkfish and mussels with tarragon and mustard sauce
And if you need some ideas for the weekend, check back at ThisisBristol later in the week.